Aim and Objectives
The Paediatric Association of Jamaica is a multidisciplinary organization which is
established to promote the welfare of children and to improve the health of
children with illnesses.
- To implement and maintain the highest possible standards of health care for
all children in Jamaica.
- To act as an advocate in all matters pertaining to the health and welfare of all
children in Jamaica.
- To promote public information, education, and involvement in matters
pertaining to child health and development through the written and electronic
- To promote effective liaison between the Association and all other agencies
concerned with the health and welfare of children in Jamaica.
- To contribute to and participate in Paediatric educational programmes directed
to medical and paramedical personnel at all levels.
- To keep the medical and auxiliary professions up to date with the field of
child health and development by means of clinical meetings, seminars,
conferences and published material.
- To promote professional contacts between members of the Association and
groups of individuals concerned with the health and development of the
children (in the Caribbean) regionally and internationally.
- To encourage and support members in their efforts to improve the health and
welfare of children.
- To foster ethical practice in paediatric care.